Strategic Planning 101–Part Two: Organizations can gain quite a lot through the process of completing a strategic plan. A strategic plan creates the opportunity to more deliberately and comprehensively chart an organization’s future and utilize its resources to accomplish goals. In its excellent article, “Why Should I Do a Strategic Plan?, the Center for Nonprofit Management outlines other benefits and gives a barometer for gauging when an organization is ready for strategic planning. These benefits include the opportunity to:
- build a unified vision for the organization’s future, inspire and reconnect staff, board, and
- other stakeholders to the mission
- assess where the organization is in its development and in the larger context
- understand where the organization wants to be and clarify a path to future success
- make informed, sometimes difficult decisions
- create readiness for new possibilities
- envision what a strong organization looks like and celebrate success
Finish the full article here.
Are you ready to utilize this important tool to grow your organization? The end of the year is an especially good time to develop a plan for the next year. Urban Rising Group can help! Schedule a consultation today.