Today is June 30th. In the blink of an eye, the first half of 2016 is: Done!
Besides marking the first week of summer, the end of June is an important marker to assess the progress made toward your goals. Many of us set goals at the beginning of the year, but fail to regularly evaluate them to understand whether we’ve achieved what we intended to.
I encourage you to take some time for deliberate reflection, and ask yourself these questions to realign your priorities to yield greater results for the rest of the year:
- Have I been taking the most high-impact or income-generating steps on a daily basis to propel my organization? Or have I just been “busy”?
- What do my numbers say? Have I been tracking my financial, marketing or inventory analytics to give me insights on what’s working and what’s not?
- What is my “why”? Am I keeping in mind my motivation for the work I’m doing? If not, how can I course-correct to keep my priorities in focus?
- Is the best person for the job doing the job or am I being a “jane of all trades”?
- What do I need to know from my customers or clients to improve service and results?
- Bonus: Do I need a vacation and margarita?
These questions are a beginning to assess your progress against your goals. The last one is a special bonus to fellow workaholics who should prioritize some form of rest, relaxation and self-care in order to have the clear thinking and energy to set and achieve goals.
After much-needed reflection, take some time to plan for new goals for the next quarter. Your goals should be measurable/quantifiable and realistic but also require some stretching.
Before you roll out the BBQ for 4th of July, be sure to cook up your strategy to maximize the rest of 2016 count!
Urban Rising Group can help! Contact us to schedule a complimentary Unlocking Possibilities consultation. We can help you set and achieve goals to get closer to the finish line and your victory lap!
Want insights and URG updates delivered to your inbox? Join our Champion Community mailing list here!